Before leaving

In this page



The Erasmus+ for study Call will be published annually in the International Mobility section of the UniFI website (click here to access), usually in January or February. The departure dates refer to the academic year following the publication of the Call.

It is necessary to fill out the online application on TURUL (click here) using your credentials (username and password) while the Call is open.

Please pay attention to each Partner University’s instructions regarding:

  • disciplinary field (ISCED code and related description) that the mobility is planned in. Students can only apply for mobility with Partner Universities that have an agreement in the same disciplinary field. Choosing a Partner University outside the disciplinary field can jeopardize the mobility; 
  • Level of Study Course of the educational offering that will be available at the Partner University (cycle I = Bachelor’s and single cycle Master’s; cycle II = Master’s; cycle III = Doctorate);
  • Language level required by the Partner University to be able to attend lessons. The language level required usually refers to the educational offering in general, therefore it is imperative to check the language and level on the Partner University’s website.

Ranking and acceptance

The ranking will be published on TURUL no later than the date given on the application. The ranking will include the merit rating, destination and duration. All the operations relating to the selection, including ranking and scrolling of the ranking list, will be available to students at the page “I tuoi concorsi - Your contests”. Students will not receive personal communication.  

The definitive list of eligible students will be published by Rector’s Degree on the University’s website. Placement in the Decree provides ERASMUS+ student status. 


Withdrawal / exclusion from the Erasmus+ mobility

Withdrawal / exclusion occurs in one of the following cases:

- If a student doesn’t give an answer before the deadline, they automatically abandon the Erasmus+ mobility;

- If a student refuses a nomination for their first choice of Partner University;

If a student refuses a nomination for one of the other universities chosen, they will stay in the ranking list for a possible reassignment, which is not guaranteed. In that case, the student can choose whether to accept or decline the reassignment, but declining implies withdrawing from the ranking.


Communication of the student’s name to the Partner University

After the Partner Universities have been assigned, the Rector will issue a Decree with the official ranking, that will be published online. Placement in the Decree provides ERASMUS+ student status. The names of the students who win the Erasmus+ scholarships will be sent to the Partner Universities.


Partner University’s answer

The Partner University answers the nomination by sending the necessary information and forms to be filled out: Learning Agreement and Application (admission request).

Students must check their University email address name.surname(AT), as this is where important information will be transmitted by the International Relations Service of the School of Agriculture, the Internation Mobility Office and the Partner University.


Learning Agreement

Before leaving it is necessary to prepare the Learning Agreement, which contains plans of activies that the student will carry out abroad and the instructions for recognition by UniFi upon the student’s return.

This documenti s necessary to be able to confirm the student’s depature and obtain the scholarship.


  • Look up the courses that can be compatible with your study plan on the Partner University’s website: click here for the list of exams you can take abroad
  • Contact the President or Delegates of your Study Course to explain the exams that you intend to take during the mobility period. To do this, you may use the paper form available here; when communicating, always include erasmus(AT) in CC
  • Once the L.A. has been confirmed by the President of your Study Course, fill out your online L.A. in your SOL profile (right-click menu > International Mobility), and follow the instructions contained in the document "Vademecum Online Learning Agreement Outgoing Students" (click here)

The School’s International Relations Delegate will approve the L.A. and send it to the Partner University. In case of refusal, the student will receive a notification with the motivations and instructions for correction, and must subsequently send the corrected L.A.



To be accepted at the Partner University, students must fill out their Application (admission request). All information regarding the student, their University and the Partner University, is required. The forms to fill out, the documents to attach and the deadlines for the Application are available on the Partner University’s website.

These are the documents that are normally required by Partner Universities for the Application:

a) Transcript of records: this is the document that certifies your university career; you can download it from SOL by logging in with your credentials and going to Menù -> SEGRETERIA -> CERTIFICATES ->  Autocertificazione Iscrizione con Esami Superati (English Version).

b) Language Certificate: the International Relations Service cannot issue language certificates. Language certificates may be obtained through the CLA (the University of Florence’s Language School), including the English translation. If you have taken a language exam that is worth at least 6 CFU, it can be entered in your transcript (stating B2 level language knowledge). In alternative, you may attach other language certificates in your possession.

c) If required by the Partner University, please bring photocopies of your European Medical Card and I.D. card, valid for at least 6 months after the end of your mobility period.


Please note: deadlines for first semester mobility periods are between April and June; deadlines for first semester mobility periods are between September and November

You must scan (no cellphone photos) and send all the necessary documents to erasmus(AT) ; it is your responsibility to send all the necessary documents before the UNIFI and Partner University’s deadlines.


General information for compiling your L.A.

  • Erasmus code: IFIRENZE01
  • School of Agriculture’s Delegate: ANNA DALLA MARTA  anna.dallamarta(AT)

Università degli Studi Firenze, Scuola di Agraria
Piazzale delle Cascine,18 - 50144 Firenze (Italy)
Tel. 055 2755716
e-mail: erasmus(AT)


Acceptance on behalf of the Partner University

The Partner University can choose to accept or reject a student based on their Learning Agreement. Rejections usually happen because of requirements that are not met (language certificates) or formal problems (procedural delays).


Signing the contract

During the Summer months (usually July/August), you will be contacted via e-mail to sign your Erasmus contract at the International Mobility Office (via della Pergola, 60 - Firenze). The contract includes the duration of your Mobility period as agreed by the two Universities, the monthly scholarship amount and the duration of the scholarship.

When you sign the contract you must bring:

1. Valid I.D.,

2. Bank account details (IBAN) for the transfer.

If you don’t sign the contract you cannot obtain the Erasmus+ student status.



Departure is usually at the beginning of the Partner University’s semester (including Orientation Day / Orientation Week for Incoming students).

You are responsible for searching for housing. Not all Universities have a campus and housing is not free. You will usually get all necessary information when you are nominated, or on the Partner University’s website. Please be careful of the websites that you use while searching!



Is there a maximum or minimum number of CFUs that I can gain during my Erasmus?
The University of Florence doesn’t have a minimum CFU requirement while you’re abroad, but the Partner University may have a rule and may choose to NOT accept students who present a L.A. with less CFUs (for example, 18, 25, 30 CFUs per semester). 30 CFUs is the maximum per semester for all universities, aside from minor exceptions (for example, 36 CFUs).

You can find the list of exams that you may take abroad (click here), so as to determine how many CFUs to enter in your L.A.


What does ECTS mean?
In Erasmus+ countries, course credits are usually given in ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) where 1 ECTS equals 1 CFU. If Partner Universities don’t automatically convert to the ECTS system, students will have to source information about the local equivalency between ECTS/CFUs.


How do I understand if an exam can be recognized in my study plan?

First of all, usually before leaving it is hard to get detailed information about the course offering. You will get provisional information that refers to previous years, to be confirmed once your Erasmus has started. Each exam you take abroad must be worth at least as many CFUs, and be similar in contents, to the Italian equivalent. No exceptions to this rule!
Nonetheless, in the case of Partner Universities who have a very different course offering, it is possible to make CFU compensations, as long as the course content is similar and the total amount of CFUs is the same.


Can I change my Learning Agreement?

If you want to change something in your L.A. during the mobility, you must contact the President or your Erasmus Delegate and agree on the changes, then fill out the changes on SOL.


How is the duration of the scholarship calculated?
In the Erasmus+ program the duration of the scholarship is calculated on the basis of the days actually spent abroad. Months are considered to be 30 days long. For example, if you spend 4 months and 18 days abroad but your scholarship lasts 5 months, you will have to give back the equivalent of 12 days of your scholarship.

Contact for Erasmus+ scholarships: outgoing.erasmus(AT)


May I ask for an extension of my Erasmus?
Yes! To ask for ax extension you must fill out this form (click here ) and have it signed and stamped by the Partner University, then send it to erasmus(AT) by email.

The extension must be requested at least 1 month before the end of previously agreed end date and may be requested only one time (no successive extensions). Erasmus extensions are usually always accepted, but scholarship extensions will only be granted if there are residual funds after the end of the Erasmus program (in September).
Before starting the procedure, especially if you are at a Partner University who has many students from the University of Florence, or if it is Summer, you should ask the Erasmus Office of the Partner University if there are places available. In any case, you must return before the end of the Erasmus academic year (30th of September).

Last update



I cookie di questo sito servono al suo corretto funzionamento e non raccolgono alcuna tua informazione personale. Se navighi su di esso accetti la loro presenza.  Maggiori informazioni